Friday, May 3, 2013

Spaghetti Sauce

I use this spaghetti sauce in recipes very often. My Mom actually gave me this recipe, and we think it has a wonderful taste! I was using "Eden Organic" Spaghetti Sauce (which you may have seen in my previous recipe for 'Spaghetti Squash Casserole') , until the company began adding sugar in their sauce, which meant we couldn't use it anymore. So, now I use Muir-Glen Organic Tomatoe Sauce to make my spaghetti sauce. Just make sure that the tomato sauce you choose contains only "SCD legal" ingredients.

Ingredients:
15 oz. Tomato Sauce 
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp oregano 
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 lb ground beef

Combine tomato sauce, garlic, water, oregano, pepper, salt and chopped onion. In a skillet, lightly brown beef. Drain fat and add the ground beef to the sauce. Let sauce simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
Enjoy! 

(This sauce is wonderful over spaghetti squash noodles, and it makes for a very quick, and easy meal!)


1 comment:

  1. Doesn't Muir Glen Tomato Sauce have onion powder and garlic power? I thought these were not allowed on the SCD?

    ReplyDelete